My Pro Kit Essentials: Skin

I thought I'd give a little insight into my professional makeup artist kit, kicking it off with my favourite part of makeup application - the skin.


Photo: Kaz Gower  Model: Mia Kotek


So here are my tried and tested top 15 (because I couldn't cut it back to 10) must have skin products in my kit. 

1. MAC Cosmetics: Fix +

I use this as skin prep. Its basically hydration in a bottle. I like to spray it onto a duo fibre brush and buff it into the skin.

2. MAC Cosmetics: Softening Lotion
Again, another hydrating product (because you can never be too hydrated). I find it also helps to minimize "dry-flaky" skin. I apply it like Fix +, buffed into the skin.

3. Embroylisse: Hydra-Mat (Oily) / Lait Creme Concentre (Normal - Dry) 
Hydra-Mat: Oily skin should not be denied moisturiser. I find this has all the benefits of a moisturiser without the sheen and residue.
Lait Creme Concentrate: The best of the best when it comes to moisturisers. Extremely hydrating and makes the skin look radiant.

4. MAC Cosmetics: Strobe Cream 
Now available in multiple colours, my shade of choice is Peachlite. It moisturises and illuminates the skin for that beautiful sheen.

5. Hourglass: Veil Primer
Expensive, but worth it. Makeup applies flawlessly over the top, and it lasts, all day.
*It does create a bit of a white cast on the skin. Push past it, its worth it. I promise.

6. Mecca Cosmetica: Smoothing Primer
The mini isle at Mecca Maxima gets me every time and I have no regrets. I tried the mini and now its a staple. Smooths pores and fine lines to provide a beautiful texture on the skin.

7. MAC Cosmetics: Fast Response Eye Cream
This feels so awesome under the eyes, it smoothes and hydrate and concealer doesn't have to work as hard.

8. MAC Cosmetics: Face & Body Foundation (Light Coverage)
Sheer but buildable. I like to do a light base layer and build it up in the areas that need it. It looks like the best version of skin.

9. Armani: Luminous Silk Foundation (Medium Coverage)
Yes, it is on my list. Beautiful finish, great coverage, basically fool proof.

10. CoverFX: Custom Cover Drops (Full Coverage)

Wozer, these guys are crazy levels of coverage. I add a drop or two into my other foundations for that extra full cover.

11. Makeup Forever: Ultra HD Concealer (Light - Medium Coverage)

Great for under the eyes. It doesn't highlight texture but provides the right level of coverage if you skip a few hours of beauty sleep.

12. MAC Cosmetics: Studio Finish Concealer (Medium - Full Coverage)
Versatile in coverage and usage. Light, medium or full, under the eyes or over the face, it covers all bases. 
*The pro palette (above) provides the perfect collection of colours but each can also be purchased separately.

13. Laura Mercier: Secret Brightening Powder
So this is a sad one, considering Laura Mercier has now broken up with Australia. It is still brilliant. A powder that doesn't look or feel like powder. Perfect to prevent creasing under the eyes. 
*I miss you already.

14. Hourglass: Ambient Lighting Palette
Perfect to set the skin with soft luminosity. It's just pretty - in the palette and on the skin.

15. Bioderma: Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution
And finally, to take it all off. (Or repair the accidents of fallout). Simple, gentle and highly effective. 
*I know there are so many other more "cost effective" micellar waters, but this one is just better than all of them.



Want more info on any of the above? Leave a comment and I'll get back to you!


Kindest,
Kx

Comments

Popular Posts